Your contact message will be forwarded to a specialist who will contact you by the end of the next business day.
Platelet Rich Plasma or (PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein made from whole blood. PRP is mainly used to promote the healing of injured muscle, tendons, ligaments and joints and can be applied to various musculoskeletal problems. Sometimes, it is hard for injuries to heal as they are considered traumatic shocks to our bodies. When your body gets hurt, it is supposed to fight infection and repair itself, but many time structures can use extra help. This is when PRP comes into play.
How do you prepare for PRP Injections?
The PRP Injection Process
- A licensed professional will draw a sample of your blood
- The blood is then placed into a centrifuge, a machine that spins quickly causing the blood components to separate in only 15 minutes
- The plasma is then prepared to be injected into the affected area
- Your healthcare professional will often use an ultrasound machine to pinpoint areas for injection.
- Your doctor will then inject the PRP into the affected area
At Westchester Medical Center, we understand the concerns and questions that may arise about Platelet Rich Plasma. Please give us a call for more information or to schedule an appointment at the nearest location to home.