Your contact message will be forwarded to a specialist who will contact you by the end of the next business day.
An electrocardiogram, sometimes abbreviated as EKG or ECG is a test that checks for issues with the electrical activity of your heart. The machine translates the heart’s electrical activity onto tracings on paper. The dips and spikes created on the tracings are called waves which are then read by a doctor to give a proper diagnosis.
EKG Tests are done to:
- Check your heart rhythm
- Check the flow to your heart muscle
- Diagnose a heart attack
- Check the heart’s electrical activity
- Check how well medicines are working and whether they are causing side effects that affect the heart.
- Check the health of your heart when you’ve been previously diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol or have a history of diabetes
- Find evidence of heart disease
What to expect during an EKG:
The professionals at Westchester Health Center will take the time to find answers and listen to our patients to provide them with the best care. If you would like to schedule an appointment or receive more information, contact a location near you.
Request an appointment
For urgent matters, please call the scheduling center at: